There are a number of ways in which you can ensure your paper recycling doesn’t go to waste.
- Enrol in a free kerbside collection programme.
- Find a drop-off centre near your home or office, usually at local shopping centres.
- Support a local community centre, church or school – some have a paper recycling programme from which they benefit financially. Look for a paper bank here.
- Keep recyclables aside for an informal collector who walks your neighbourhood every week. This increases the quality of the recyclables, allowing the collector to earn a little more.
- Contract the services of a small recycling business.
- Visit mywaste.co.za for programmes in your area.