YOU WILL NEED:
Newspaper pages, two sosatie sticks, coloured crayons or pastels, hot glue gun* or a good craft glue, petal and leaf templates.
- Take a 57x38cm page (a stronger white advertIsing page is advised)
- Place 2 sosatie sticks head to toe along the 57cm edge of the page about 5 cm in from the edge. Place a bit of hot glue to keep them secure and fold the page along the sticks. Tightly roll the page up to create the stem of the flower.
- Using the leaf template, cut out two leaves from newspaper. Colour the edges using green crayon or pastel.
- Using the petal template, cut about 10 petals from newspaper. Colour the edges using crayon or pastels of your colour choice.
- Put glue along the bottom edge of first petal and roll it around the top edge of your stem. Continue to glue the other petals around the stem making sure to overlap a third of the previous petal as a rose would.
- Once you have glued on enough petals for your liking fold the petals out to form the flower, making sure not to tear the petals.
- Lastly, glue the leaves onto the stem, using the same technique as the petals, about a third of the way down from the flower head.
- Remember to put left over paper in your paper recycling!
*The glue gets very hot: Be careful not to touch the hot glue or you will burn your fingers.