The primary aim of the PRASA entrepreneurship training course is to provide relevant education and guidance in respect of paper recycling as well as introductory business training by means of a short course for entrepreneurial candidates who can then feel sufficiently empowered to venture into the business of paper recycling.
- Focus on education and training as a means of establishing SMMEs and promoting a culture of recycling.
- Promote job creation by providing attendees with the necessary skills and training to start their own paper recycling business.
- Create efficiency in the collection, recycling and disposal of waste paper.
- Stimulate participation in education campaigns
- Ensure best practice in recycling through educational work and technical support
- Ensure good quality paper is recovered
The course covers the following topics:
- Paper collection and Recycling
- Tetra Pak (milk and juice cartons) Recycling
- PET Recycling
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Basics
- Business Communication
- SWOT Analysis
- Business Research and Planning the Business Venture
- The Business Environment
- Basic Business Finance
Training on glass recycling, cans recycling and plastics recycling will be included but only if the relevant trainer or subject expert is available.
Obligations and duties of the person requesting the training
- Ensure that a minimum of 25 people can and will attend the training.
- Secure a venue that can comfortably accommodate the number of people attending. PRASA does not pay venue costs.
- Ensure that every participant on the course brings a photocopy of their identity document. This is essential.
Obligations of the participants
- Commit to attend the entire four days of training and make the necessary arrangements to do so.
- Be on time every morning.
- Ensure that you bring a photocopy of your ID on the first day of training.
- Actively participate in ‘class’.
- Complete the evaluation form before you leave on the last day of training.
- Assist fellow participants where possible.
- There is no cost to the participants to attend.
- PRASA will provide tea, coffee and a muffin on arrival; tea, coffee and a sandwich at tea time; a simple lunch and juice at lunch time; and afternoon tea and coffee
PRASA does NOT pay for:
- Venue and related costs
- Transport for the participants to attend
- Accommodation for participants
If you are interested in attending or hosting a course, kindly complete the contact form.